Are you worried about getting sick? Most of us are more concerned than ever about fighting disease. I give most of my patients these simple and easy to follow 6 tips to boost your immune system to prevent illness. Most of the below guidelines should help almost anyone stay healthy and strong. If you happen to get sick, you can heal quicker by following my go-to tricks.
- More water. Drink half your weight (in pounds) in ounces. Most people don’t drink enough, causing fatigue, sugar cravings, and more.
- Organic as much as possible. Otherwise, you’re eating pesticides, steroids, and antibiotics, which weak your immunity and cause countless illnesses.
- Eat or drink ginger, garlic, and/or turmeric daily. They boost your immunity, reduce inflammation, have natural antibiotic/antiviral components, and reduce nausea.
- Eliminate dairy from your diet. Dairy increases mucus production, weakens your immunity, and is NOT good for your bones.
- Vitamin D3. Ideally, you want to consume about between 400 and 4,000 IU per day depending on your age. A great trick is put mushrooms in the sun for 15 minutes as it increases their Vitamin D content. You may have to take a supplement in winter. Please check with your physician.
- Vitamin C. You need about 100 mg, more if you’re sick. The foods highest in C include, pepper, guava, leafy greens, kiwi, broccoli, berries, citrus, tomato, peas, and papaya.
See how easy it is to prevent illness and be in top form? Give these a try this winter and through out there. Let me know how you feel after a month.
Live natural. Live well.